- We have a positive impact on the economy and community in Northern Ireland and employ over 3000 staff with an annual turnover of more than £200 million.
- Technology and knowledge transfer and commercial exploitation of ideas are promoted by our Office of Innovation through a range of initiatives and ongoing research and consultancy with business and industry.
- We are a major contributor to the Research and Development capacity within Northern Ireland and we support local business and industry. The 2008 Research Assessment Exercise confirmed the strength and quality of our research and the advances that we are continually making.
- We make a leading contribution to lifelong learning (via eLearning), widening access to education for all - enhancing the region's knowledge base.
- Partnerships have been forged with other educational providers locally, nationally and internationally and we have a network of strategic partnerships throughout the world.